The mechanism for filling returns under GST has revolved drastically with the help of improved technology. Newly launched software for filling returns has not only facilitated the tax-payers but also made this process hassle-free.
Online portal Clear Tax Return, recently, has launched software for filing taxes. This will be helpful for both dealers and retailers to prepare tax returns under GST. Clear Tax GST software prohibits errors as well as duplications and has different versions for CAs and Enterprises. It has highlighted Clear Tax’s purpose to make the process of indirect taxes hassle-free after taking a prime part in simplifying direct taxes.
Founder & CEO of Clear Tax , Archit Gupta said, “We spoke with a vast range of enterprises and small businesses about their needs. We want to bring the same ease to filing for indirect taxes and help businesses become GST compliant.”
Clear Tax has deployed over 20,000 chartered accountants from almost 100 cities in the first phase to make them trained and experienced in the usage of the software before the processing of GST filing.
Clear Tax also arranges online GST-training courses by industry experts for lawyers and tax professionals.
To submit GST return online, taxpayers can also use the benefits of this automated application. Generally, two methods are there for filling the return in online:-
- Online data filing in a tax return and final submission
- Offline data filing through excel utility and uploading
Online data filing in a tax return
- Put user ID and password to login in ACES
- Go to ‘RET’ Main menu at home page and click on the ‘Fill’ option of ‘Fill ST‐3’ submenu
- The page will show the Premises code and Address of the registered taxpayer. Premises code will come as the hyperlink
- After filling the Tax return, click on the ‘SAVE’ Button and confirmation page of ST‐3 will appear.
- Changes can take place with the clicking on the ‘Modify’ or ‘Save’ button
- Press “SUBMIT” button to submit the final return to the respective department.
- Confirmation message will come for successful submission and will display the Unique No. of the Return.
Offline data filling through excel
- From ACES Homepage download the excel file by clicking on “Download ST3 Return Excel Utility”i.e. RET
- After filling the excel file to process the ST‐3 return and click on “Validate & Submit” button to generate XML file.
- It will be there in the similar folder where the download utility has been saved by the taxpayer.
- To upload the return file, login into ACES by putting the user‐id and password. Click on “Upload File” under “RET”
- Click on “Save” and again submit button to file the return
- The Confirmation message will come without any Unique Number.
- After showing the status as “filed” in the system, there is final status filing.
Further, the taxpayer can view, save and print ST-3 Return as per necessity by clicking on the link.
If a taxpayer does not file the tax return within due dates, a late fee of Rs. 200 – Rs100 is valid per day to the actual date when the return will be finally filed.